Last week we reported about Xiaomi’s plans to launch the affordable Redmi 3s smartphone in India. Now, the Chinese company has revealed its exact plans, with the Redmi 3s set to be launched on August 3. As the name suggests, the upcoming smartphone is essentially a variant of the Redmi 3 boasting a full-metal magnesium alloy unibody design and a fingerprint scanner.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage / 3GB LPDDR3 (eMMC5.1) RAM with 32GB internal storage expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery / 4100mAh (typical)
The Xiaomi Redmi 3S comes in Dark grey, Silver and Gold colors and is priced at 699 yuan (US$ 106 / Rs. 7120 approx.) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version and the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs 899 yuan (US$ 136 / Rs. 9165 approx.) in China. We should know the price of the smartphone on Wednesday.